Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Iron Man

Dan Segarra (blog) keeper of the Weekly Sketch thread over at the Animation Mentor Alumni site is getting the thread going again. The first topic is Iron Man. I did two versions of Mr. Stark the first one was more in a comic book style and then I did this one. I slapped some color on it really quick. It was a bit of a rush job and I'm not super crazy about this drawing (the pose is weak) but I think it shows a lot of subtle progress in my drawing ability that wasn't there 6 months ago. For example 6 months ago I would have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get the "special effects" right. All the drawing I have been doing for Louie has forced me to stretch as an artist and now I have more of a back log of ideas floating around in my head. Also my style is slow starting to form itself.

No comments: