Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Animation Planning

I haven’t been animating as much as I would like lately. So to get me in shape for Animation Mentor in January I thought I better do a couple of simple animation exercises. For my first exercise I want to do a box step. Here are some quick character planning notes for my current animation exercise.

Hatchet Jack: (This name comes from a story a family friend used to tell my brothers and me over the campfire to try and scare us. Hatchet Jack was a homicidal dentist who wore a necklace of human teeth.)

• Jack is single and in his 30s. He graduated near the top of his class from Berkeley with a degree in Economics (that means he is smarter than I am). After graduating he got a job in a large accounting firm and soon became a CPA.
• Even though Jack is book smart he lacks common sense.
• Jack has lots of friends but not many close friends.
• He is very good at doing what he is told but not very creative (which is very good trait for an accountant).
• He fears the outdoors, spiders, car mechanics (or any handyman), and heights.
• His goal in life is to marry the woman of his dreams, make a safe amount of money and retire comfortably by the age of 55.
• Favorite TV shows: The amazing race, Friends (owns the complete DVD collection), football and basketball.
• Loves to workout at the gym, play basketball, Mexican food, and the Gap.

No comments: