Saturday, January 14, 2006

Animation Mentor Week 1

All I can say is wow. Animation Mentor (AM) is all that I hoped it would be and much more. It has only been the first week and we haven't had a real assignment yet but man oh man it is awesome. The video classes are so packed with info, the are the guest lectures which are awesome, the forum is full of passionate students and animation ninjas, and I have a dedicated mentor to look over my stuff each week.

I've already have an "AH HA!" moment. Even though I haven't set one key or sketch one thumbnail I feel like I've improved through osmosis. My mentor this quarter is Raquel Coelho formerly from Blue Sky, PDI and more and is currently working at Tippet Studios. My class is full of 13 animators that are all excited about animation. It is a great place to learn.

From now on this blog will mainly be a record of my AM experience. Some of my other art will filter through, but I don't want to get distracted with too much jornaling.

No comments: