Friday, March 30, 2007

Pepe Valencia for President!

So here's the culmination of class 5 at Animation Mentor, the layout for my short story. I'll have to say I don't enjoy layout nearly as much as I do animation. Storyboarding was a ton of fun but layout was really hard for me. It might have been I really haven't done a lot of layout in the past so it was new to me, but storyboarding uses a lot of the same skills as animation or comic book drawing so it's stuff I've done before and it came a little easier to me. I don't know.

My mentor Pepe Valencia the layout/storyboard ninja from Sony Pictures Imageworks was a HUGE help this quarter. I owe an enormous debt to Pepe for everything he taught me. I went with a story that was much more difficult to layout than I realized at the beginning and Pepe was with me the every step of the way.


No comments: