Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Long over due

Sorry the blog's been quiet for a while. But I've been busy as always. I've finished AM. That's me over on the far left side about half way up.


I've been working on my demo reel and short. I bought an Nintendo Wii and have been playing tennis till my my shoulders ache. Who would have thought you could get tennis elbow from a video game. I've been riding my mountain bike. I've been painting. I've been spending time with my wife. I've been working on some comics and drawing.


That bottom doodle is of three characters from a online comic I've been working on and off again for the past year. The story is almost done. I'm taking it slow and I hope to start drawing in January. The story will be in black and white but I've been playing with different methods of coloring and inking things to see what works for me.

I also decided to be a Peer Buddy at AM this quarter. Peer buddies are like student tutors at Animation Mentor. This enables me to stay in touch with all the great students still enrolled at AM. It also helps me work on my critiquing skills and animation eye.



It's been great! I'm getting to do all the things I didn't have time to do with all the deadlines and homework that go along with school. In a couple of months I should have my demo reel ready and then hopefully I'll get a job. Then I won't have time to do all the things I can do now. So I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

No comments: