Monday, October 18, 2010

Painting

I just watched Herb & Dorothy on Netflix's watch instantly feature. I love watching documentaries. And any documentaries that has anything to do about art get me excited about being creative. I've loved watching Art of the Steal, Art & Copy, I.M. Pei: First Person Singular, Who the #$&% Is Jackson Pollock?, and many more.

After watching Herb & Dorothy I had the urge to get out my acrylic paints and do some painting. This is what I came up with. I don't know if you'd call it a successful painting, but I think it was a personal success in that I'm starting to think about value. I have a ways to go before I understand it, but I'm making progress.

It's good for me to just be creative and not worry about the results. I don't think you can grow as an artist if you are too worried about the results.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you try our film, "Who Gets to Call it Art?"

Peter Rosen

Jake said...

Looks good. I just added it to my queue.