Monday, November 19, 2007

10-12 with 71Paul2


Last night I went a ride-a-long with my brother Joe. According to Joe it was a quiet night. But is seemed like non-stop action to me. I got to see a domestic disturbance call where a son and father got into a shouting match, but everything ended up cool. I saw a bunch of Vietnamese gang members that who had 10 machetes, a couple of samurai swords, and baseball bats in their trunk get to go scott-free cause they knew the system. I saw the aftermath of a drunk who flipped his car getting off 101. I also saw a crazy old Mexican slum lord lady who charged a family of five $800 a month for a 15x10 room with no kitchen and only a communal bathroom that was shared by all the other tenants. I got to watch as my bro with the help of another officer cleared a Grocery store with guns drawn. I also got a little lesson in prison tattoos from an 20 something ex-con (I mean parolee) who Joe pulled over for a broken license plate light. My sketch above is from my two guys who Joe stopped outside a motel. One of them was on probation (which means he could be searched at any time), a quick search of their room only revealed the stench of marijuana but no actual drugs so they got off free too.

It was a busy night. By the time 6:30am rolled around I was really tired but had a new appreciation for cops and a new understanding of how hard police work is these days.

No comments: