Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Animation Workout



I'm finally at a place where polishing my demo reel isn't consuming my life so I thought I would get back to working on my animation skills. Ever since I seen the Jason Ryan tutorials I've been wanting to work on some 2D animation. Actually this is something that I've been interested in since I saw the famous Jason Ryan work flow video at Animation Mentor. I love his work flow and how he uses 2D animation to plan out his 3D work. Computers are great and they do some awesome things but sometimes they just get in the way. Like my grandpa taught me you gotta use the right tool for the right job.

The funny thing is that it is easier to do a bouncing ball in 3D than in 2D! But I got to learn 2D somehow and the classic bouncing ball exercise is a great way to do that. I'm still using the demo version of Plastic Animation Paper which is a great free program but it is difficult to get smooth lines with my current set up. So enjoy my scratchy/rough bouncing ball.

No comments: