Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Got The Sketch Card Crazies

I found out about sketch cards a little while ago and have been itching to try making some on my own. I first tried painting them in acrylics but that took forever. Then I tried watercolors and I wasn't satisfied with my results. Next I tried color pencils, and well let's just say that approach didn't work out. For the last couple of months every time I walk into an art store I have been scoping out the Prismacolor markers. I broken down recently and purchase a set 48 and have been having a lot of fun with them. Color is still a weakness in my artistic armor but these Prismacolor markers are a great way to learn and explore.

For those of you who don't know who the sketch card characters are, (starting at the top left and moving clockwise around) that's Marvin the vegetarian dragon, Hubert the duck with the magical sword and belt, and Bermaw the pink thing and eats everything from Lewis Trondhiem and Joann Sfar's Dungeon series, lastly that's Katara from Avatar.

No comments: