Thursday, February 08, 2007

Acrylic Painting

I've started to play around with Acrylic paints. Its a lot of fun and a totally different experience than painting in Photoshop. I really like the messiness and imperfection of paint. In Photoshop everything looks too clean and you really have to work to get any kind of personality or character into the color.

The trade off with Acrylics is it's really hard to get the color you want. I must have repainted the orange guy seven times before settling with that orange. It isn't the orange I wanted. Although the scanned version looks a little better than the painting. But the blue background in the scanned version looks worse than the painted version.


1 comment:

The Joe said...

Those are rad! Keep it up, it makes your crazy sketches come alive. Seriously, I am a big fan of the color.