Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm a strange duck

I did these four pen and ink drawing for Joe Koski, Glen, Joe, and Josh. The inspiration came from the documentary "How to Draw Bunny" the life story of artist Ray Johnson. I mailed out these puppies to my friends just like Ray did with his art. Each drawing is also inspired by the person I gave it to.


The Godzilla rip off went to Joe Koski. Joe is a youth pastor who likes monsters, so what better to draw for him than a giant lizard terrorizing a town.
The B movie brain monster went to my brother Josh. As a seminary student he often spends 14 hours a day studying Greek. My brain would grow tentacles and attack me too if I had to do that.

The most graphic drawing went to my brother Joe. As a San Jose police officer he trains long and hard for the inevitable zombie invasion.


Last but not least, and probably the weirdest out of the bunch went to Glen. What's that you say? Yes it is the same Glen from the amazingly creative thegato.net. The signing bird was blatantly stolen from one of his shirt designs. The fanged cloud came from . . . well there's just no good explanation for that.

No comments: